I woke up to a sunny morning with a smile on my face knowing that W would be leaving DC! I watched a little of the Today show before work and then put on a white T-shirt, blue sweater, and a red necklace and left with my 3 inch TV.
I think to myself that Kyan will never understand that there was really a time where minorities (like himself) felt limited in what they can achieve as an American. He is witnessing a minority become President of the United States. Even though Kyan can't become President (at least not yet) because he wasn't born int he US, he can really be whatever he wants to be. That makes me proud to be an American.
The innaguration was great and was really a red carpet event in so many ways.
WOW what a day in history.
After we got home from work and school Kyan helped me toss about 20 rolls into our woods. The bag burst in the deep freezer and I was ready to see them go and figured the animals would appreciate them. Kyan has seen Mr. Fox that lives back there and was very eager to give Mr. Fox some. Luckily, he didn't come up to get one while we were back there. Kyan is convinced that instead of the pumpkins we tossed back in there, rotting, that they fox ate them. He sure is a hungry little fox.
19 years ago