Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Too Much Stuff

Feeling cramped is one way to describe how I have been feeling especially with being cooped up inside when it is this cold. We have a garage at one house FULL, we have way too many toys for Kyan, Kyan has the tendency to pile his toys on us when we are sitting on the sofa, and it just isn't the way I like to live. Kyan was very good tonight with going through and picking out some of his old toys to take to Marilyn's to play with over there during the day and to share with the other kids. I think she he believed they weren't actually getting out of his control, that it was OK. After 2 big boxes and a scooter were staged to go in the sunroom, it still didn't look like anyone had moved anything. The boy has too much!! I can't believe it isn't bothering me more than it is, but I am doing fairly well considering there are boxes in the utility room that haven't even been opened.

Speaking of cramped up.... We woke up to Kyan crying last night around midnight. After about 5 minutes of Arran trying to figure out what was wrong I got up and went in there too. I finally got Kyan to tell me his left leg was hurting. We had him walk on it, we massaged it, I convinced him that Tylenol would make it feel better, and finally after 45 seconds following the swallow of the Tylenol he was cured!! Well, all of that food over the weekend has led to some GROWING PAINS.

Kyan and I had a discussion about his behavior at Ms. Marilyn's tonight. He has a problem with hitting, pushing, and such at times. He hit his friend Ethan and Ethan cried, partly becasue it hurt, but also because Kyan is his friend and he adores Kyan. I told Kyan that IF he hits tomorrow there will be no chocolate milk tomorrow night and he will only get water. Several times before bed I asked him what will happen tomorrow when he gets home from school IF we hear he had hit someone. His response was, "No Choc Choc." That's right young man. We will see how this works. We have punished him before by taking away chocolate milk and he didn't fight it since he knew he did wrong. He is a smart little boy and does take his punishment pretty well.

We will see....